Preschool of The Arts Admissions
1) Submit An Application And $100 Application Fee (Non-Refundable)
2) Once Application Is Received, We'll Reach Out To You To Schedule A School Tour.
3) During the tour, you'll meet Sarah Rotenstreich, Head of school, and Sarah O'Halloran, Admissions Director and other members of our fantastic team. You will also schedule your child's playdate.
4) During the playdate your child, along with a small group of incoming students, will have the opportunity to engage with our creative materials and experience a lively music circle.
5) You're done! You will be notified in writing of admissions decisions.
*Families Are Notified In Writing As To The Status Of Their Admission.
November 2017 - Siblings & Current Student Admission
December 14, 2017 - First Choice*
*This is a good choice for families that are sure POTA is their first option.
January 11, 2018 - Early Decision
March 1, 2018 - Regular Admission
The selection of a preschool; your child’s introduction to formal education is an important and sometimes difficult decision. Preschool of the Arts provides an admissions route that facilitates a thoughtful and purposeful exploration of our NYC learning and living environments. Each step of this intentional process is designed to help your family become better acquainted with our program. Additionally, this journey allows ample opportunities for our Preschool of the Arts community to form relationships with you and your child. Our program welcomes children the ages of 18 months to 5 years old. Our Gramercy center caters to infants 6 months to preschool 5 years old. The process is meant to be informative and supportive rather than the more traditional admissions processes which can be stressful.
Preschool of the Arts ensures that your child will be artistically stimulated inside the comfort of their classroom, and beyond as they venture outdoors and explore NYC icons. We believe artistic expression is a constant process that begins with our youngest learners and explorers, and is deepened and refined as they form relationships and connections with their world. Each step is part of a larger story or narrative that defines the individual and collective members of our community; showcasing relationships. Your child’s journey has endless possibilities and applications well beyond the walls, spaces and environments that define Preschool of Arts. Our preschool environment is one that fosters questions, encourages curiosity and stimulates Intellectual growth.
We take our job as educators very seriously but at the same time, the child's experience at Preschool Of The Arts; the work is filled with play, laughter and pride. Our students complete the 4 year learning journey ready to enter the best Private and Public schools.
We look forward to meeting you and learning about your family. Please feel free to contact us regarding questions, thoughts and or curiosities at 212-366-5053 or email email@example.com.
Director of Admissions